Dental Bonding Can Repair Teeth and Seamlessly Blend with Your Smile
Dental bonding at our Saratoga Springs, NY, practice is a quick and simple process offered by Dr. Osinski to repair teeth that have been chipped and cracked, or have been damaged from minor decay. At My Saratoga Dentist, the tooth-colored resin will be color-matched to blend seamlessly with your surrounding teeth, and bonded directly to the impaired tooth. This cosmetic treatment is an affordable alternative to porcelain veneers that can repair damage, conceal blemishes, and provide lasting natural-looking results.
What Is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is performed using composite resin, a durable material made from plastic that will bond to your tooth and blend beautifully with the natural feel and look of your teeth. This minimally invasive treatment can:
- Fill in gaps between teeth
- Conceal severe stains and discoloration
- Correct chipped or worn teeth
- Repair tooth decay
- Lengthen stubby teeth
- Reshape malformed teeth
You can extend the life of dental bonding and enjoy results for five to ten years by observing good oral hygiene.
The Dental Bonding Procedure
During your initial consultation, Dr. Osinki will perform a detailed examination to review the damage to your teeth and implement a treatment plan designed to fit your individualized needs.
In most cases, this procedure can be performed in one office visit and does not require a local anesthetic unless tooth decay is being addressed. Before beginning the procedure, Dr. Osinki can administer sedation to make you more comfortable if you struggle with dental anxiety or phobia.
The dental bonding procedure can be implemented in four simple steps:
- Tooth Preparation: Dr. Osinki will remove any decay, thoroughly clean and dry the tooth, and apply a bonding primer to the tooth to help the composite resin bond more effectively.
- Bonding Application: He will tint the resin to match the color of your tooth, then begin applying and molding the putty-like material into the proper shape.
- Hardening the Resin: Once the resin has been applied and molded, Dr. Osinski will use a curing light to harden the resin and restore the tooth.
- Reshaping and Polishing the Tooth: He will make final adjustments by trimming any excess resin, checking your bite for proper occlusion, and polishing the tooth for a smooth finish.
Benefits and Maintaining Your Results
Although resin is not as strong and durable as porcelain veneers or dental crowns, it can:
- Conservatively improve the aesthetics of your smile
- Restore dental function to teeth with minor damage
- Provide an aesthetic alternative to metal amalgam fillings
You can extend the life of dental bonding and enjoy results for five to ten years by observing good oral hygiene. Proper care includes brushing your teeth at least twice a day, flossing daily, and visiting the dentist every six months for a routine checkup. We also recommend avoiding tobacco products, as well as foods or beverages that can cause chips, fractures, or stains.
Contact Us Today
Dental bonding provides an affordable and effective solution to enhancing your smile. Contact our office today to schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Osinski.